myHome lite for Android - Homescreen for low memory phones

Well, a few days ago I wrote a post about what I was using as a homescreen replacement, namely Zeam. The Motorola Milestone I am currently using has only 256MB of RAM, so you can imagine I am a little restrained when it comes to resident apps. I noticed a tweet today about beta testing myHome launcher and decided to give it a go.








To my surprise I found myself staring at Super Task Killer in wonder. The myHome launcher ate 9 to 10 MB or RAM? I couldn't believe it! I loaded up my homescreen as usual, and still it stayed there, just under 10MB. The thing that will amaze you further is that this thing has skins. Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Sense and even the old Donut. Even though they don't work quite as you would expect, the devs behind it promise to fix these small issues in the future.